We also pay an earnings-related daily allowance for the duration of a service promoting employment.
You can apply for earnings-related unemployment daily allowance if you are a member of the unemployment fund.
- The fulfilment of the labour market policy requirements is examined by the Employment and Economic Development Office (TE Office), which issues a statement on the matter which is binding to the fund.
- You must be a member of an unemployment fund for at least 26 weeks (membership condition)
- During your membership, you must be in paid employment for at least 26 weeks (employment condition).
Other general conditions for receiving the daily allowance include:
We will examine the fulfilment of the membership and employment conditions in connection with the processing of your application for an earnings-related daily allowance.
The TE Office examines your labour market policy requirements and issues a statement on this, which is binding to the unemployment fund. The fund cannot influence decisions made by the TE Office.
Proceed as follows:
- Register with the TE Office as an unemployed jobseeker
- You can register as a jobseeker by filling in the online registration form no later than on the first day of unemployment or lay-off. You can register even before the start of unemployment or lay-off.
- After registration, the TE Office will contact you, agree on further measures and a possible personal meeting
- If you are a client in the local government pilot on employment, the registration must be made throughthe TE Office's My Services
The membership condition is met when you have been a member of the fund for at least 26 weeks. The membership period of another fund is also added to the 26 weeks if you have become a member within one month of the end of the previous fund membership.
The employment condition is met when
The employment does not have to be continuous, but you can accumulate weeks that accrue the employment condition even in shorter periods during the 28-month reference period. The employment condition is accrued only during the membership of the unemployment fund.
On a weekly basis, the employment condition is met when
If you have found employment in pay subsidy work, 75 per cent of the calendar weeks that meet the employment condition can be included in the employment condition. To qualify for 26 weeks' employment, you must work for 35 weeks. If you have found employment in pay subsidy work based on an employment obligation, all working weeks are included in the employment condition.
The 28-month review period of the employment condition may be extended for an acceptable reason for a maximum of seven years. Acceptable reasons for the extension include the time for which you have received