The restructuring protection package for persons aged 55 and over enteed into force on 1 January 2023. The change security includes a change security allowance, which corresponds to one month's salary, and the possibility of receiving change security training.:
- the restructuring protection allowance is equivalent to one month’s pay
- restructuring protection training lasts no more than 6 months, and is equivalent to no more than 2 months’ pay
- paid leave to find employment is 5 days longer than usual
To be covered by the change security, the person must:
- have been dismissed on production-related or financial grounds (termination of fixed-term employment does not meet the condition) on 1 January 2023 or thereafter.
- have reached the age of 55 by the time of termination
- have been employed by the same employer for at least five years by the time of dismissal
- have registered as a job seeker at the TE Office within 60 days of termination
The date of termination means the date on which the notice of dismissal was given. Therefore, if the period of notice is long, you must register with the TE Office before the unemployment period has even begun.